Monday, January 13, 2014

This and That

Have my latest Christmas top now finished.  I love how it turned out.  Now I have two Christmas tops to quilt...  :o)


Today I taught a member/teacher Scrappy Trips class (with prior permission from Bonnie Hunter, of course) for my Seaside Piecemakers Quilt Guild.  This is the second class I've taught.  The first one was in July and there is a limit of 20 in a class.  It was so popular, the waiting list was about 16 deep.  So I decided to go ahead and teach a second one in the winter, to also accommodate the snowbirds.  We had a total of 21 and had a blast.  You always know it was a great class when the "students" come up to you at the end and tell you how much they enjoyed it.  I'm psyched.

I also noticed from going back in my blog a bit that I never posted the final pictures of my Scrappy Trips quilt all quilted.  So I'll share here...





The woman showing the back of the quilt is my wonderful longarm quilter.  She does awesome work.

I titled my quilt Scrappy Trippin'.  It finished at a large queen size and I even used up some ugly fat quarters on the back, alternating the rows so I didn't have to agonize over matching seams.  This is a truly scrappy quilt.  Everything came from my stash.  Hehehe.  I'm very pleased with it and it was bonus to hear all the ooohs and aaahs from the other quilters.

'Til next time,
Suzy

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Wow...that didn't take long to finish the Christmas quilt top.

Your Scrappy Trippin' is wonderful!