Monday, March 26, 2012

Whacked-Out Stars aka Design Wall Monday

Here is what I've been doing with myself.  Ironing and cutting 50 different FQs for my Wednesday afternoon class with Jane Hardy Miller.  She's our speaker this month at our Quilt Guild and after lunch will be hosting a 4-hour class teaching us Whacked-Out Stars.  Basically it's an Evening Star, but the way she has you sew and cut the finished block to make it "whacky" is pretty cool.  Thank goodness for my Accuquilt GO! Cutter.  The ironing took awhile, but the cutting was fast and easy peasy.  I'm going to do a 5x5 setting, so hence 50 different FQs -- 25 light and 25 dark.  I LOVE scrappy quilts!  :o)  Decided to use up some of my pretty Civil War fabrics -- YAY for stashes!  Can't wait to see how it turns out.

'Til later,
Suzy

2 comments:

Doreen said...

That star pattern is so neat. Am anxious to see how yours turns out. "Scrappy" is so great for several reasons: uses stash and gives a cozy,relaxed feel to the design. Have just gotten home (S.E.MN) from a quick visit to Orange City,FL. A couple of days of Bike Week. Did manage a leisurely walk on Smyrna Beach-lovely! This year it was Spring Break, also....way too much going on in the area for me! The weather was awesome (even though at home was 84F!!) Have an awesome Monday!!! Hugs, Doreen

Jackie's Stitches said...

There is nothing better than pretty piles of fabric! Would love to hear more about your class.